All-IZ-Well (AIW) have a star-studded line-up and should begin as favorites.
They are a settled unit, have experience and quality on their side, and must be
high on confidence after their recent results. The team looks in terrific form and
has shown that they can do extremely well under pressure. AIW has got solid
bowling attack with an experienced batting lineup that runs deep. On a given
day, AIW batsmen can counter attack any bowling unit at their will.
Team Mighty Indian's (MICC) story has been about players making the most
of their limited abilities consistently, combining together as a force and topple
some very formidable opponents. The MICC team will need more from Manoj
Choudhary and he needs to work his magic on his players to ensure they don’t
get influenced by the pressure of this final. The team is anchored by a good
bowling attack and a good batting line-up which can face any bowling attack
and score runs with some un-conventional shot selection.
This promises to be an entertaining and action packed final as both of these
teams go head-to-head for the very first time in WMCL finals.
Players to watch out !!
- Sandeep Das, Sandeep M, Simhadri are the batsmen from AIW to
- watch out.
- MICC batsman Manoj Choudhary after match saving innings in Semi-
- Finals from 27/7 while chasing 96.
- Madhu Edulakanti and Sanjiv Choudhary from MICC are bowlers to
- watch out.
- Sandeep Das, Ravi Ananthuni and Simhadri from AIW are the bowlers
- to watch out
Stats and trivia
- AIW past record at Herndon-> 25 wins in 31 games. 80.6% Winning ratio.
- MICC past record at Herndon-> 15 wins in 23 games. 65.2% Winning ratio.
- AIW vs MICC at Herndon, winning 1 game they've played there, in
- AIW favor.
- This will be MICC’s 2nd Final in WMCL, since fall 2011 in Div-I.
- This will be AIW's 4th Final in WMCL, including 2 finals in Div-II.
- This season, 3 bowlers & 1 batsman from MICC roster are in top 15
- batsmen/bowlers list and hold rank-4 in Pool-B league phase with 4-3 record.
- This season, 2 batsmen and 2 bowlers from AIW roster are in top 15 batsmen/
- bowlers list and hold rank-1 in the league phase with a 5-2 record.
Form Guide (most recent last)
Pitch and conditions
After changing the batting ends, Herndon pitch is very supportive to batsmen and
good for bowling. On a dry day, outfield will be excellent. It might be little damp
due light rain and cold conditions. The weather forecast for Herndon on Saturday
is predominantly sunny. It is unlikely that the weather will force a washout, though,
and even if it does, there is a reserve day for the final on the following day.
Please stop by with your families and friends to watch the finals!! Snacks and
drinks will be sponsored by WMCL organizers.
This match brings the curtain down of a very competitive and entertaining year of 2013.
Best of Luck teams!!!